The Autism Ambassadors of Ghana is a social enterprise (NGO) that brings professionals and volunteers together to create more awareness on Autism and also help to improve lives of children living with Autism through technology. It was founded in June 2014 by Miss Alice Mamaga Akosua Amoako, a Digital Social Entrepreneur.
Autism Aid App
The digital Innovation of our organization is the ‘Autism Aid App’ which is the first mobile app for children living with Autism in Ghana and West-Africa. The Autism Aid App was released in April 2016 and it’s available on the Google Play Store and App Store for downloads across the world.
Miss Alice Mamaga Akosua Amoako is a Digital Social Entrepreneur and the founder of the Autism Ambassadors of Ghana, a volunteer based organization that helps to improves lives of children living with Autism in Ghana through technology. She is also the co-developer of the Autism Aid App, which is the first android application for Autism in Ghana and West-Africa.
Alice believes in creating a future where Ghana and Africa will have effective social systems and adequate resources that will help improve lives of children living with Autism and other disabilities through technology.
Miss Alice Mamaga Akosua Amoako
Achievements & Awards
With her years of digital social impact, she has attained various achievements which includes;
• Winner – Total Startupper of the Year Challenge, 2019.
• Winner – mYouth Continental Mobile App Challenge by the European Union, 2018.
• Winner – mYouth National Mobile App Challenge by the European Union, 2018.
• Winner – Ghana Education Community Awards, Special-Needs Category, 2018.
• Winner – Coca-Cola Young Achievers Award, 2017.
• Ghana’s representative at the Global Social Hackathon in Sweden, 2016.
• Global Publication – UK National Newspaper, The Guardian, 2016.
• Interviewed on South Africa Power FM, 2016.
• Awarded by the Autism Society of West-Africa, 2016.
• Winner – Tigo Digital Changemakers Competition, 2014.
- Autism Awareness Campaign
- Community Outreaches
- Fundraising Programs
- Livelihood Empowerment Project
- Students Volunteering Programs
- National Autism awareness campaigns.
- Community Awareness Campaigns.
- Integration of the app at private special-needs schools in the
- Training programs for parents of children living with Autism.
- Training programs for caregivers.
- Training programs for nurses.
- Training programs for teachers.
- Social media awareness.
- TV awareness.
- Radio awareness on Autism.
- Print Media awareness.